Wednesday 2 August 2017

More pics of French troops holidaying in the Med

Again, just painting. I've been hit with yet another illness in the space of a month. Can't wait until this winter is over!
 This time it is some regular infantry. First up, the 18e ligne in their red jackets and yellow facings. I have to admit, the black pouffes are a bit boring though. To give you an idea of size, the bases are 30x20mm. You can make out the level of caricature on these guys, which makes them very easy to paint, and as I said in the previous post, gives them some real character.
 I'll be adding a flag when I can get back to work and access the printer.
These marching figures are from a different regiment, the 85e, with blue facings this time, and much prettier pouffes on their hats. I like the neck curtains on the chap on the right and the drummer, they serve as a good reminder of where these guys are meant to be operating.

Right, I'm going to crawl off and resume my role as an invalid.

Nate

2 comments:

  1. Get well, Nathan. I like your work on the Lancashire French Klebers. They are caricatures, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete